Company Information: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest non-profit Youth and Family Support agencies working with high-risk youth and their families in the United States. Currently, YAP employs more than 2,000 dedicated workers and serves approximately 19,000 families per year. Our mission is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disability, primary health care, and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families, and adults. Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is committed to creating safe environments and providing services that are individualized, culturally competent and trauma informed to build brighter futures for all.
Summary of the Position: Service Manager works intensively with youth and families to provide individualized interventions and services that target identified criminogenic risk factors and other needs while building protective factors. They provide delinquency intervention, function as a coach, provide in-depth community contacts and other services including structured activities, transportation, and arrange for services within the community. They report to the local Program Director.
- Provide intensive and individualized supportive relationships/coaching, referrals and follow-up, contacts with youth, supportive services and other community-based interventions for youth in home and community settings.
- Work closely with Case Managers and Program Director to coordinate and provide specialized attention to each youth and family and provide services during traditional and non-traditional hours as outlined in YES Plans.
- Support accurate and timely submission of documentation and reporting requirements and support compliance with compliance with federal, state, local and YAP documentation requirements.
- Provide transportation to and from services and community resources and coordinate community referrals for youth and families.
- Conduct required community contacts as needed.
- Facilitate group delinquency interventions and Supported Work interventions.
- Maintain required caseload size and ratio and promote adherence to individualized interventions outlined in YES Plans.
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience working with youth or an Associate’s degree with four years of experience working with youth. Degree must be conferred from an accredited college or university. At least twenty-one years of age. Knowledge of local resources.
Must be able to pass Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearances. Position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and car insurance limits with a minimum of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident bodily injury liability.
Benefits Available: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, AFLAC, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
Contact information: Please submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) Professional references and one (1) Personal references to ATTN: FloridaResumes@yapinc.org include subject line, “Bay County, Service Manager”.
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.