Status: Full Time Salary FLSA Classification: Exempt
Company Summary: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest non-profit Youth and Family Support agencies, in 31 states plus DC, working with high-risk youth and their families in the United States. Currently, YAP employs more than 2,000 dedicated workers and serves approximately 20,000 youth and families per year. Our mission is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disability, primary health care, and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families, and adults. Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is committed to creating safe environments and providing services that are individualized, culturally competent and trauma informed to build brighter futures for all.
Position Summary: Looking to hire a highly effective Revenue Cycle Management Director/Chief to oversee all tasks assigned to Revenue Cycle Department Staff. Our CM responsibilities include identifying reimbursement issues, ensuring that claims, denials, and appeals are efficiently processed and resolving billing related issues.
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for:
- Working with YAP’s Regional and National Leadership to ensure that YAP is maximizing its revenue cycle, including staffing and managing a new leadership panel designed to oversee and support maximizing the revenue cycle
- Coordinating the execution, implementation, and communication of revenue cycle management priorities with and across teams and department
- Developing revised guidelines and policy recommendation to increase revenue cycle efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Developing any tracking, monitoring, and reporting mechanisms needed to support the ability of the organization to meet a target of below 1% write offs
- Developing recommendations to inform the work of related organizational functions, e.g., human resources, training, communications, fiscal, and program services to support the organization’s overall revenue cycle management goals
- Providing regular status and management reports to internal leadership and stakeholder groups
- Performing necessary data analysis needed to support the organization’s ability to monitor and meet its revenue cycle goals
- Supervise the RCM department in various duties such as account management, communication with insurance providers, collections, cash postings, contract analysis, and billing
- Manage staff performance by providing regular feedback, periodic reviews and one-on-one meetings
- Oversee hiring and training of staff
- Effectively coordinate complaints with appropriate entities with respect to billing and collections
- Plan and Structure the department workflow and staffing
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent education/experience
Minimum of Seven (7) years of experience in managing programs of high priority projects and project management initiatives related to key revenue cycle activities
Benefits Available: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, UNUM, Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
Contact information: Please submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) professional references and one (1) personal references to: firstname.lastname@example.org include “Director, Revenue Cycle Management” with attention to Dorienne J. Silva, COO.
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics, or disability unrelated to job performance.