Youth Advocate - Roanoke County, VA
Status: Part-Time Hourly FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Summary of the Position: Hourly, Part Time position serving youth and families throughout Roanoke County are available.
- Applicant must be dependable, committed, and able to serve as a positive role model for youth in the community, school and home settings.
- The Primary responsibilities of the Advocate are to initiate, organize, plan, develop and implement direct advocacy services to assigned clients and their families.
- All service plans will be based on a strength-based approach using the wrap around model.
- This position offers flexible hours, competitive weekly pay and activity reimbursement.
Qualifications/Requirements: A minimum High School Diploma or GED is required.
Experience in community work and knowledge of community resources.
Position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and car insurance limits with a minimum of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident bodily injury liability.
- Voluntary Dental
- Voluntary Vision
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume’ and references (2 professional and 1 personal) to Breyon Fraction at email@example.com
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics, or disability unrelated to job performance or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where YAP operates. YAP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.