Status: Full-Time Salary FLSA Classification: Exempt
Summary of Position: Assistant Director position is responsible to support the Program Director in the Chicago Ultra-High Needs Program with hiring and training new employees, motivating and providing supervision of staff, and communicating weekly performance to the Director.
- Also responsible to perform intakes, coordinate client staffing, to manage the delivery of client service hours to ensure maximum and appropriate levels of weekly services while managing compliance with all YAP and referring authority requirements.
- Positions requires a commitment to strength based, culturally competent and unconditional care philosophy.
- Knowledge of mental health practices, juvenile justice systems, and budgetary concepts are a plus.
- Creativity and pro-active planning are essential to this position.
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree generally preferred.
- Three to five years related experience/training in youth services, juvenile justice, community programs, or program development.
- At least one year related experience/training in management/supervision.
Position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and car insurance limits with a minimum of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident bodily injury liability.
Benefits Available: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, UNUM, Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume’ and references (2 professional and 1 personal) to Devone Carothers at email@example.com
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics, or disability unrelated to job performance or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where YAP operates. YAP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.