Career Coach - Clark County, NV
Status: Full-Time Hourly FLSA classification: Non-Exempt.
Summary of the Position: Career Coaches will provide intensive mentoring, comprehensive career coaching, and case management and facilitate employment and training services aligned to each participant needs, interests, and abilities. Career Coaches must be able to explain the employment and training services as related to youth populations, including populations noted above.
Career Coaches will provide assistance to youth by, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with educational and occupational choices;
- Assessing interests, abilities, and aptitudes;
- Evaluating educational and occupational background;
- Addressing education and/or occupational skills gaps;
- Advising about occupational training and/or educational programs needed for particular careers;
- Addressing barriers related to employability (e.g. soft skills, technical skills, social skills, behavioral skills, etc.);
- Locating resources and sources of career information; Identifying training and employment opportunities; and recognizing any needs for additional services.
Qualifications/Requirements: Associate’s degree preferred or 60+ hours in human services related degree preferred but not required.
Position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and car insurance limits with a minimum of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident bodily injury liability.
Benefits Available: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, UNUM, Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume’, and references (2 professional and 1 personal) to LuQuisha McCray at email@example.com “Put Career Coach” in subject line.