Status: Part Time Hourly FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Company Information: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest non-profit Youth and Family Support agencies, in over 30 states plus DC, working with high-risk youth and their families in the United States. Currently, YAP employs more than 2,000 dedicated workers and serves approximately 20,000 youth and families per year. Our mission is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disability, primary health care, and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families, and adults. Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is committed to creating safe environments and providing services that are individualized, culturally competent and trauma informed to build brighter futures for all.
Summary of the Position: Flexible, hourly part-time position working with individuals whose problematic substance use issues have led to their involvement with the child welfare system. The Parent Recovery Advocate helps parents to achieve the goals in their individualized Recovery Wellness Plan through connecting them to resources, modeling, coaching, information gathering, liaising and communicating with other supports, providing transportation, strengthening parenting and other skills, providing crisis support and assistance with safety planning, and other supportive services provided in the person’s home and community. All service plans are holistic (addressing multiple life domains), strength-based, and developed and implemented by using our YAPWrap model. The Recovery Advocate is specially trained by YAP in substance use and recovery.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with substance use recovery professionally or personally/relationally (if in personal recovery, must have at least four years of sobriety) preferred. Parenting/Child Care experience a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to maintain ethical boundaries and demonstrate empathy and respect for individuals served
- Must be comfortable working within homes and communities at various times of day
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication, technology and interpersonal skills
- Must be professional, flexible, and have the ability to work independently.
- Position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000 bodily injury liability
Benefits Available: Voluntary Vision, Voluntary Dental, UNUM, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Contact Information: Please submit a cover letter, resume, two (2) professional references and one (1) personal references to ATTN: Maria Bertino at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.